Prepare your class with our KS1 and KS2 maths tests.
From this May, all eligible children in maintained and specialist schools, academies and free schools must be assessed with new end-of-key-stage tests. For the first time, these tests will be mapped to the new national curriculum and are intended to be more rigorous.
Previously, you will have helped your children prepare by using old papers as practice tests. However, these old tests won’t get them used to the style, pitch or difficulty of the new tests.
Faced with an unfamiliar test, your children could become scared and freeze, resulting in unnecessary upset and poor scores. You could try to create your own practice papers but how will you know if they are pitched at the right level? Also, do you really want to give up even more of your free time to create these resources?
Cornerstones Maths Tests
A much simpler and time-effective solution to help your children with the transition to the new SATs tests is Cornerstones Maths Tests.
Designed to mirror the new SATs tests
Cornerstones Maths Tests have been created specifically to mirror the style of the 2016 Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2 maths tests. They are fully mapped to the new national curriculum programmes of study and are great for showing your children what to expect in their statutory tests.
- Paper 1 is an arithmetic test covering number, calculations, fractions, decimals and percentages.
- Papers 2 and 3 are reasoning tests covering number, ratio and proportion, algebra, measurement, geometry and statistics.
Spot gaps in learning
Our electronic attainment and gap analysis tool is included with your purchase. It will give you individual analysis for every test, showing you the areas where children are thriving and where more support is required in line with the national curriculum expectations.
- Easily track whether children are working below, towards, at or above age-related expectations.
- Support judgement on individual children’s attainment.
- Highlight gaps in learning and inform planning.
- Identify children’s strengths and weaknesses and set targets.
- Provide suitable challenge while maintaining a child’s self-esteem and confidence.
- Report on children’s progress across school.
Get more information and free samples
To find out more or to download free PDF samples of our arithmetic tests and reasoning tests, visit our Cornerstones Maths Tests product page.
Alternatively, if you’d like to speak to someone, call us on 03333 20 8000.