Happy Pancake Day!
Here's a really easy recipe for perfectly yummy crêpe-style pancakes. Aprons and whisks at the ready!
Makes 24 scrumptious pancakes, ready to top with whatever you like!
- 4 large eggs
- 600ml milk
- 200g plain flour
- Pinch of salt
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Put all of the ingredients into a large bowl and whisk to a smooth batter.
- Pour a very small amount of oil into the pan so it just coats the bottom. Wait for it to get hot before you in pour in the batter.
- Cook your pancakes for 1 minute on each side.
- If you want all of the pancakes to be ready at the same time, put them in the oven on a low heat to keep them warm.
- Serve with toppings of your choice! You could choose fruit with a drizzle of chocolate, jam or simply lemon juice and sugar.
Why not print out the recipe sheet and ask the children to make the pancakes with you? They could measure the ingredients or read the recipe out. Try different toppings and have a class vote about the favourites!
Have fun and enjoy! Tweet a picture of your pancakes to @cornerstonesedu.