Generating meaningful talk
Why not begin your next project with one of our new project boards? Designed to help you strike up a conversation with children about your chosen Imaginative Learning Project (ILP), these boards combine a variety of thematic images and quotes relevant to the topic. Pop them on your classroom whiteboard before beginning a project to see how the children react and generate meaningful talk. Below are some questions you could ask to open your conversations.
- What is the name of our next project?
- What do you think this project might be about?
- What clues are there?
- How are the pictures connected?
- Is there a common theme?
- What do you think the quote means?
- Can you think of any words that might be useful for this project?
- What do you already know about this topic?
- What do you want to know about this topic?
Home learning tasks
As a home learning task, why not ask children to take a copy of the project board home to discuss with parents and carers or use as a starting point for generating research questions or a mind map of existing knowledge.
At the end of a project, the boards can be revisited to add facts and information as a visual summary of a project.
Where to find them
Each ILP has a project board. Existing customers can find them on The Hub in the documents section for each ILP. If you're not currently a customer, you can still take a look as one is included with each download of our free Cornerstones Curriculum sample projects.
Find out more at our free information session