As it’s the month of giving, we thought we’d share 12 Christmassy activities that you can do with your class. We’ll be sharing an activity on our blog every day from the 1st to the 12th December.
Day 1: make beautiful felt heart decorations to hang around your classroom and on your Christmas tree.
These felt heart decorations are really simple to make and are great for decorating the tree or even giving away as presents! Who will you give your heart to this Christmas?
You will need:
- heart-shaped template
- glue gun
- string (plain or sequinned)
- masking tape
- decorative items, such as: sequins, beads, coloured card, pom-poms and pipe cleaners.
To make one felt heart:
- Using your template, cut two hearts out of felt and one out of cardboard.
- Using a glue gun, stick one felt heart to the cardboard heart.
- Make a loop of string and attach it to the back of heart using masking tape.
If you are using plain string, you could stick one side on first, then thread beads onto the string before attaching the other side.
- Glue the second heart to the back of the heart, so the string is sandwiched between them.
- Display your heart proudly.
Download a PDF version
We've created a printable PDF version of these instructions complete with pictures to give you lots of ideas.
Come back tomorrow for another activity! You can follow us on Twitter for updates!