Day 4: stir up yummy chocolate sprinkle-covered spoons.
These chocolate spoons are a really easy treat! Eat them as they are or stir them into warm milk to make a yummy hot chocolate!
You will need
- Plastic spoons
- Edible decorations, such as sprinkles, chocolate drops and silver balls
How to make your chocolate spoons
- Place the chocolate in the bowl – you could break up a block or use chocolate drops.
- Melt your chocolate in the microwave, stopping and stirring at intervals.
- Once your chocolate is melted and silky, quickly pour it onto the spoons.
- Decorate then leave to set.
- Eat or stir into warm milk!
Add a DT twist
- Taste test! Try a variety of different chocolates and edible decorations before you start. Let the children choose their favourites to add to their chocolate spoons.
- Be creative! Ask the children to design Christmas packaging for their chocolate spoons. Provide a range of different materials for them to choose from. They could even add a list of ingredients or a gift tag!
Download a PDF version
Like to print out a copy of these instructions and use them with your class? We’ve created a printable PDF version with pictures to give you ideas.
Missed our previous Christmas activities?
Don't worry, you can find all our previous Christmas activities here:
Make sure you keep your eyes peeled for the next activity! See you tomorrow.