Day 10 – make bath time fizzy fun!
These bath fizzers are great feely fun to make and use. They also make fantastic gifts.
You will need
- 1 cup bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 cup of citric acid
- Water in a spray bottle
- Silicone cake moulds or ice-cube trays
- A teaspoon of oil, such as almond, olive or vegetable
- A drop or two of food colouring
- A few drops of essential oil or a pinch of dried herbs or flowers, such as lavender or chamomile
- Pour the bicarbonate of soda and citric acid into a bowl and mix well with the spoon.
- Add the water or oil a little at a time then scrunch the mixture with your hands. You should be able to feel it fizzing a little!
- Keep adding the liquid a little at a time. This is where you can add your essential oil or food colouring. The mixture should still feel crumbly but should just be able to start forming into a ball.
- To make your fizzers extra Christmassy, use a cinnamon or Christmas spice essential oil. You could also use red food colouring or red and green body-safe glitters!
- Press the mixture into the cake moulds.
- Leave to set, ideally overnight.
Missed our other activities?
You can find all our previous 12 Days of Christmas activities here: