Day 2: bring the outdoors in with decorative ribbon trees.
These scrap ribbon trees are really simple to make and make fantastic decorations.
Take a walk outside and bring the outdoors in. Add some extra branches to your tree this Christmas.
You will need
- Small sticks and branches
- Scrap ribbon, glittery pipe cleaners or strips of felt in varying lengths
How to make a ribbon tree
- Grab your coats and head outside! Collect small sticks and branches ready to start making your trees. Make sure the sticks are dry before you start.
- To start making a ribbon tree, cut varying lengths of brightly coloured ribbons, glitzy pipe cleaners or strips of felt.
- Wrap a long piece around the bottom of a branch and tie it into a knot in the middle.
- Keep tying the ribbons around the branch, using smaller pieces as you reach the top.
- Tie a final piece around the top to hang, and there you have it! A lovely crafty Christmas tree ornament.
Or, rather than hang it on your tree, you could create your own unique Christmas card! Simply attach your ribbon tree to a folded piece of card. Or even, stick your trees in pots filled with soil. Don’t forget the star on the top!
Download a PDF version
We've also got a printable PDF version of these instructions complete with pictures to give you some ideas.
Come back tomorrow for another activity!
Did you miss yesterday’s activity? Take a look!